Week 4, Part 4 in the Series: “Christianity From a Fresh Perspective”
What if I daily treated Jesus as the most important person in the world? What if I believed my relationship with him through prayer, Bible reading, and worship was the most important thing I could do all day? What would happen if I took what precious little time I have in a day and gave some of it to him as a gift? What if I stopped trying to gain more knowledge, or buy his favor, and just enjoyed him?
How would my life change if as I read his Word, I asked Jesus to show me:
- Who He, the Father, and the Spirit really are – not just who I think they are.
- His power for my life – what that looks like today, not just 2000 years ago.
- His promises and gifts – and how he intends they are to impact my life and the lives of those I love.
- How he longs to convict, lead, and comfort me in my current circumstances.
How would my life and the lives around me change if when I prayed I first asked how he would have me pray for my needs, my circumstances, and the needs of those around me?
What if I asked him to show me how he blesses my life – to open my eyes to the daily gifts I don’t see. And what if I then took time to thank him, and recount those gifts to him often?
What would happen if I had the boldness to make these requests:
- This situation______________________is way beyond me. Please show me your power.
- I feel hopeless, please show me your love and goodness.
- I can’t change, please change me!
- I’m not even sure you exist – if you are real, show me!
What if I then trusted God to come through? What if I then chose to yield to Him and let go of my control?
I know what would happen – my life would change. Because I would be asking the only One able to change my life to do so, and then let him do it.
What if then I asked for the boldness to tell someone else what I’ve seen and heard? How would that change my world?
I know the answer to that as well – by the power and love of Jesus Christ through us, the world would slowly change, one person at a time.
I know, because I have seen and and heard and can testify – that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and he has not only the power, but the desire to change lives and set captives free. He’s doing so for me and for many around me daily. (I John 1:3 NLT)
This song beautifully portraits our role in Christianity –
Ashes Remain, “All Of Me”
With great longing for the Giver of the gospel,