They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:8 (NIV)
The Bible uses the analogy of a vine being connected to the branch (John 15), and a tree being planted by living streams (Psalm 1:3 and Jeremiah 17:8). The Spirit of God chose these analogies, so we could understand the need for intimacy with Him – vines can only survive and grow when connected to and feeding from the branch. Trees become strong and flourish regardless of the conditions only when deeply rooted and being fed from the clear mountain stream.
We will find our lives only when we recognize we are nothing without the vine. We will flourish only when we allow the gardener to plant us within His living water and prune us through His Word and the work of His Spirit. These processes are rooted in God’s deep and abiding love for us.
This website is dedicated to those who seek a flourishing life, no matter the force of the surrounding storm.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND –
- How to establish yourself through the Word of God in relationship with Him through His Spirit in order to withstand the storms of life
- God’s pursuing love, and lavish plan for mankind
- God’s perspective on Himself, us, and the world He made
- God’s purposes for us and the world He created
- What we’ve been given by God for developing and sustaining a flourishing, vibrant relationship with Him and those around us
- Practical strategies for facing the hardest times – grief and loss, strained relationships, financial hardships, spiritual battles, to name a few
- Testimonies and stories of those who’ve met and found God faithful
I post most often once a week with approximately 1200 words. You can also find my photography on Instagram @rlseaton
MOST VIEWED POSTS –
- Encouragement for A Weary Christian Blogger (Highest Number of views and likes)
- A Fresh Look At Jesus
- Tools for Nourishing the Soul Under Stress
- I Do Matter!
- God’s Amazing Story in Two Lives
- So Very Thankful!
- White Picket Fences
From my heart to yours,