- It took 7 generations of Adam’s family before people began to raise livestock and live in tents and before people developed the first instruments:
Genesis 4:20 Adah gave birth to Jabal, who was the first of those who raise livestock and live in tents. His brother’s name was Jubal, the first of all who play the harp and flute.
- It was in the same generation that men began to forge tools of bronze and iron:
Genesis 4:22 Lamech’s other wife, Zillah, gave birth to a son named Tubal-cain. He became an expert in forging tools of bronze and iron.
- Genesis 5:21-24 records the account of a man who never faced death, but was taken by God:
Genesis 5:21-24 When Enoch was 65 years old, he became the father of Methuselah. After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch lived in close fellowship with God for another 300 years, and he had other sons and daughters. Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.
- The youngest recorded age of a man upon the birth of his first son was 65 (before the flood – Genesis 5:15,21)
- The oldest man to ever live was Methuselah. He lived to be 969 years old.
- Mankind lived so long before the flood that Adam died only one generation before the flood. Adam was 874 when Noah’s father was born, and died only 126 years before the birth of Noah. Not long considering Adam was 930 when he died.
- Every generation before Noah knew Adam – and there were a total of 9 generations from Adam to Noah
Let me know if you enjoy this, please. Have a great day!
Steps for Overthrowing the Power of Guilt And Shame
Receive your free "Steps for Overthrowing the Power of Guilt and Shame"
If you like this, please scroll down to “like” and “share”. Should you wish to comment publicly, please do so, but if you prefer to comment annonymously, you may use the form below.